W4FAR Repeaters (CTCSS 94.8) VHF:145.37 MHz (-); UHF: 443.55 MHz (+); DMR: 440.5375 (+)

Login

Who's Online

We have 814 guests and no members online

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Foothills ARC forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KB4GKI and a friendly reminder to be safe! 2 years 7 months ago #288

As we know Jimmy KB4GKI is no longer with us. It really sadden me, I have known Jimmy for many years maybe longer than most hams I have come in contact with.

He was a fun person to be around and yeah like us all could be a pain in the backside. Overall he was a good decent person and enjoyed just hanging around and listening to folks.

His passing made me think how seriously dangerous this virus is and how people NEED to be safe.

Going to places like gyms may help businesses which is great but KNOW the PLACES you go and make sure you try to avoid places you know are going to be overly used by lots of people. Regardless of how CLEAN they may seem you can't see a virus so be careful! We have lost far to many hams to this terrible virus. This virus has effected many of us and our lives in many ways and has caused great sadness and grief for many families.

God has a plan for us all and we may or may not agree with is plans but hopefully one of his plans will include justice for the many thousands of people who lost their lives due to this terrible plague. Hopefully his plan will allow the world to witness the justice and those responsible will be brought forth with justice served.

Please be careful, practice good hygiene, Wash your hands really well even if you touch the Mail in your mailboxes even the mailbox! Wash your hands every time you touch something! Wear a GOOD Mask, not a cloth mask! Masks that are medical grade are safer than those that are made from home.

N95 masks are safer but do not rely on any type of mask to protect your self. NONE will totally stop a virus. Practice avoiding places that are overly used by many people, avoid crowds. If you haven't had the vaccine consider it! We know it isn't 100% effective but something is better than nothing! If your are medically able to consider it then please consider getting it. Talk to your doctor and make sure its safe for you! Please consider it!

Just be safe and use common sense!

I know that most of you are aware of these things but because We have lost our friend, another of our friends, a long list of friends, a reminder is something I felt I was lead to mention. I rarely post on the site in fact I rarely use the repeater or even do HF but I felt in my heart that God wanted me to mention this. That might seem funny to some folks as they know I am by no means religious and not a member of any Church. That being said, God can lead even people like me to Say things that might not should be said because of society but I have never been one to Conform to society. God wants us to do it, we are going to do it. It was in my heart so it's going to be done.

God bless each of you and pray for our loved ones, pray for the safety of each other and pray for those we have lost.

Have a blessed weekend.
Chuck KE4CIJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ke4cij (Chuck Brooks).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Copyright © 2011-2023 The Foothills Amateur Radio Club. All Rights Reserved.