Make 2018 the year you earn your Amateur Radio Technician license!
The Foothills Amateur Radio Club will offer a technician licensing class starting February 5th, 2018. It will run each Monday night for eight weeks. (With the exception of two Monday nights which are holidays - see our club calendar for details.) The classes will prepare the participants for the FCC Technician Class exam.
The location of the course will be at the Wilkesboro Community College.
The Foothills Amateur Radio Club Volunteer Examiner Team will offer a licensing exam on the last day of the course.
The course costs $25, payable to the Wilkesboro Community College. The highly suggested textbook is approximately $24. There is a $10 fee to take the examination.
Enjoy the fun of Amateur Radio!
Be part of the world's greatest hobby:
- Talk by shortwave radio to people in foreign countries.
- Talk to people (both local and far away) while driving to / from work.
- Help to provide communications in emergencies and natural disasters.
- Provide communications for public service events.
- Hook your computer to your radio and communicate "computer-to-computer".
- Build radios, antennas, and learn electronics and radio theory.
- Talk to astronauts on-board the space station.
- Communicate through earth-orbiting satellites.
- Participate in on-the-air contests and earn awards.
- Be a part of the worldwide "fraternity" of amateur radio operators.
- Join the Foothills Amateur Radio Club.
Classes will run from 6-9pm on Monday evenings starting February 5th, 2018.
To help you study for the license exam, the purchase of a textbook is recommended and encouraged, but not required.
Preregistration is highly recommended!
If you or someone you know wants to take this course, please contact the Continuing Education Department at the Wilkesboro Community College.
See you there!