Make 2019 the year you earn your Amateur Radio Technician license!
Earn your Ham Radio license in just 8 days!
The Foothills Amateur Radio Club in conjunction with the Wilkes Community College Continuing Education Department is sponsoring an Amateur Radio Technician License class.
Enjoy the fun of Amateur Radio!
Be part of the world's greatest hobby:
- Talk by shortwave radio to people in foreign countries.
- Talk to people (both local and far away) while driving to / from work.
- Help to provide communications in emergencies and natural disasters.
- Provide communications for public service events.
- Hook your computer to your radio and communicate "computer-to-computer".
- Build radios, antennas, and learn electronics and radio theory.
- Talk to astronauts on-board the space station.
- Communicate through earth-orbiting satellites.
- Participate in on-the-air contests and earn awards.
- Be a part of the worldwide "fraternity" of amateur radio operators.
- Join the Foothills Amateur Radio Club.
Class will meet Thursday evenings 6:00 PM to 8:45 PM at the Wilkesboro Community College, beginning Thursday, January 31st, 2019 and will run for 8 weeks, ending with the Technician test on Thursday, April 4th. (8 nights)
To help you study for the license exam, the purchase of a textbook (available in class for $24) is recommended and encouraged, but not required.
Preregistration is highly recommended!
To register, please contact the Wilkes Community College Department of Continuing Education. There is a $25 per person fee for the class.
See you there!